Saturday 23 October 2010

Tiger Woods likes his chances to win again this year

Another week, another Tiger Woods press conference, this one for the Chevron in December. (For the nitpickers, this was a teleconference; he wasn't actually at The Open Championship again, as the picture shows.) Still, it looks like they're settling back into the same basic routine of softball questions and by-the-numbers answers.

Even so, that kind of comforting familiarity has to be good news for Woods fans, who will no doubt eat up answers like this, to the question of whether he can win again this year:

"Well, my game's coming around," he said. "I know I have two more events prior to the Chevron event. Hopefully, I can get two more W's before I get to Chevron and see what happens."

And looking ahead to 2011, with all that nastiness of 2010 behind us? More good news, Tiger fans: "I will play more times than I did this year. I didn't quite play that many events this year, and I'd like to get back to a full playing schedule next year and be ready for the big events again. Certainly, hopefully, get more W's than I did this year."

Oh, and there was this: One journalist actually said "we miss you." Tiger, surely breaking that earnest journo's heart, did not in fact reply "I missed you too, snoogums." (He also didn't thank Brett Favre for taking some of the heat off him, but he probably should have.)

Finally, Woods noted that he's "at peace" now following the separation from former wife Elin. "Everyone's getting used to the new living conditions," Woods said. "The kids are adjusting. I think everyone's certainly more at peace, and so am I, too. I learned a lot about myself, and I learned how things went wrong, why they went wrong, and had to take a pretty deep and introspective look at myself, and there weren't a lot of things I liked about it. But I had to do it, and I did it and grateful that I did. I think that I come from a much better place, much more grounded place now than I ever have before."

Yes, yes, that's all well and good. But why will nobody ask the real question: Is Tiger Woods going to be in "The Hangover 2" or not? 

Related: Tiger Woods

Email Devil Ball Golf Buzz up! digg add to facebook delicious Twitter

« Prev Tragedy as man dies after being hit by golf ball

Next » Justin Timberlake: Rickie Fowler is cooler than Justin Bieber

Golf Byrd shoots 63, leads by 1 in Las Vegas Boyd cards 63, leads Parry by 2 in Spain Hjorth, J.Y. Lee share lead in Malaysia Montgomerie bruised in 4-vehicle crash Westwood, 4 major winners in Nedbank Els edges Toms to win Grand Slam of Golf More Golf News 30 Comments Post a Comment

1 - 25 of 30

First « Previous Next » Last